There are mornings, when I just have absolutely no time to sit down and eat breakfast. Or I just don’t know what to eat. Or I’m to lazy to even chew (yes, that happens, please don’t judge me). At times like those I just make this super healthy Breakfast Replacement Smoothie and I’m good for a few hours (until the lunch cravings kick in).
This smoothie has everything you need in a filling and most importantly Nutritious breakfast.
– seeds and nuts
This translates to:
– healthy fat
– lots of vitamins
– frozen strawberries (I prefer strawberries, because they are sweet)
– oats (super healthy and filling, good for your heart)
– an apple (a low-calorie fruit, full of fiber and vitamins)
– a banana (natural sweetener and gives you energy!)
– peanut butter (for that amazing healthy fat and extra flavor)
– flax seed/chia seed: again, healthy fats and other health benefits
– fresh lemon juice: gotta get that Vitamin C, folks! It makes your immune system stronger and your skin look younger!
– maple syrup (sweetener, you can absolutely leave this out depending on your taste)
– water (stay hydrated!)
Total calories: 438 kcal
To make this smoothie, just put all ingredients in a blender and blend for 60 seconds or until you reach the desired consistency.
(From beginning to end it took me around 10 minutes to make the smoothie.)
Substitutions you can make if you don’t like one of the ingredients:
- strawberries -> any berries you like (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, etc.)
- oats -> quinoa
- apple -> pear, half a cucumber or half a zucchini
- banana -> dates
- peanut butter -> any nut butter you like (I recommend cashew butter or almond butter)
- chia seed/flax seed -> any seeds you like: sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, etc.)
- maple syrup -> you can use a syrupy sweetener like date syrup or if you want your smoothie to be extra healthy, just toss in a date!
- lemon juice -> fresh orange juice or 1/2 kiwi.
Still feeling hungry after downing this pretty pink drink? Try adding more oats next time! 😉
Vegan Breakfast Replacement Smoothie
This Vegan Breakfast Replacement Smoothie is perfect for busy mornings. You can even make it one of your regular weight loss meals. 1 glass contains 438 calories.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 3 tbsp oats
- 1 medium apple
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tsp peanut butter (natural)
- 1 tsp flax/chia seed
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp maple syrup (optional)
Put all ingredients in a blender.
Blend for 60 seconds or until you reach the desired consistency.
More vegan breakfast recipes you’ll love:
Did you make this vegan Breakfast Replacement Smoothie? Let me know in the comments!