This Vegan Scrambled Eggs recipe is THE ONE you have been looking for. High-protein, plant-based, clean eating and SUPER delicious. Goodbye eggs, hello tofu!
Scrambled eggs is probably the thing I missed the most when I went vegan. That soft, warm filling breakfast with slices of fresh bread is just the best. I had a hard time finding something that even remotely resembled it.
Start by gently scrambling the tofu with your fingers (see the picture above). There should be bigger and smaller bits (see the picture below) – just like scrambled eggs.
When you are done scrambling, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan and caramelize the chopped red onions. After 1-2 minutes add the scrambled tofu and stir for another 1-2 minutes. Now add the oat milk, stir and let the tofu soak it up almost completely (3-4 minutes).
When the milk is almost completely gone, add all the remaining ingredients (veggies, nutritional yeast, basil, salt, pepper, turmeric) and stir for 1-2 minutes.
Serve with fresh bread and orange juice. The perfect healthy vegan breakfast, don’t you agree?
Vegan Scrambled Eggs
Vegan Scrambled Eggs from Tofu
- 1 block firm tofu (12.3 oz)
- 1/2 head red onion
- 2 stem scallion
- 1/2 head bell pepper
- 5-6 fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup oat milk
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/3 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 tsp black pepper ground
- 1/3 tsp black salt *optional
- Scramble the block of tofu with your hands (see picture above) into small and bigger pieces.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil on medium heat in a pan. Caramelize the chopped red onions.
- Add the scrambled tofu and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the 1/2 cup of oat milk and stir until the tofu has soaked up most of it.
- When there is only a small amount of milk remaining, add all of the remaining ingredients and stir for another 3-4 minutes on low to medium heat.
- Serve with fresh bread.
Did you make this Vegan Scrambled Eggs Recipe? Let me know in the comments!