This Vegan Smoky Lentil Soup is an easy, healthy and beginner-friendly plant-based meal, that’s great for lunch or dinner, even if you are calorie counting!
Ingredients you’ll need:
- dry lentils
How to make this soup:
First, give your dry lentils a good rinse, then soak them for about 2 hours.
Wash, peel and chop the veggies.
Heat oil in your soup pot and caramelize the chopped onions. Add the smoked paprika powder, then add all your remaining ingredients (except the vinegar/lemon juice) and cook the soup for about 30-35 minutes.
After 30 minutes, taste the soup to check if you need to add salt or some more spices and add the vinegar or lemon juice.
When your soup is done, serve it with fresh bread!
There is nothing better, then a bowl of piping hot soup with freshly baked bread! 🙂 Enjoy!
Vegan Smoky Lentil Soup
- 1 1/2 cups green lentils (dry)
- 7 cups water
- 1 carrot (sliced)
- 1 parsnip (sliced)
- 1 big potato (chopped)
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 3 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 3 tsp smoked paprika powder (unsalted)
- 1 tsp black pepper (ground)
- 1 1/3 tbsp salt
- 4 bay leaves
- 3 tsp white vinegar (or lemon juice)
- Rinse the dry lentils, then soak them for about 2 hours.
- Heat oil in a soup pot and caramelize the chopped onions. Add the smoked paprika and stir it around in the oil for around 10-15 seconds (on middle heat).
- Add the sliced carrots, parsnips, chopped potatoes, minced garlic, water, bay leaves, salt, pepper and cook the soup for about 30-35 minutes.
- At the end of the cooking, add the white vinegar or lemon juice.
- Serve with fresh bread. (optional)
More tasty vegan lunch recipes you’ll love:
Did you make this Vegan Smoky Lentil Soup recipe? Let me know in the comments!