If you’re looking for a delicious and high protein meal for dinner, look no further! These Vegan Lentil Recipes are easy to make and bursting with flavor!
Health Benefits of Lentils
Lentils are packed with protein, fiber, and essential minerals while being low in calories and fat. They’re also rich in folate, iron, and potassium, promoting heart health and helping aid digestion, making them nutritional powerhouse in an accessible, affordable grocery item.
🌿Save this recipe / Read it later
Vegan Lentil Recipes
3. Lentil Loaf
11. Lentil Bolognese
13. Red Lentil Soup
16. Lentil Chili
18. Lentil Taco Meat
21. Shepherd’s Pie
25. Lentil Mou
28. Lentil Bread
32. BBQ Lentil Balls
41. Lentil Tortillas
What are your favorite vegan lentil recipes?
Leave a comment below!
Vegan Lentil Tuna Spread Recipe
- 2 cup lentils (cooked)
- 1 head yellow onion (finely chopped)
- 2 clove garlic (small)
- 4 tsp mustard
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper ground
- 4 slices whole wheat bread toasted
- 1/3 medium cucumber sliced
- 1 cup spinach
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a medium pan, then add the onion and caramelize. Add the lentils, salt and pepper.
- Stir the mixture on medium heat for 5 minutes or less. When you're done, add the mustard and garlic at the end.
- When you're done, let the mixture cool 5 minutes, then put it in a food processor and blend for 30 seconds or until you reach the desired consistency.
- Place your spread in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Serve on baguette slices or in a sandwich with a few slices of fresh cucumber.
Vegan Lentil Recipes FAQ
Vegans (and many other people!) eat lentils because they are a delicious, affordable, and versatile source of protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Lentils can be enjoyed in curry, soup, stew, rice dishes, and as a meat alternative in recipes like lentil loaf, lentil burgers, and lentil meatballs.
Lentils pair well with rice, bread, or any type of grain. Lentil dishes are common in Indian cuisine in recipes like dal, which is served with rice or flatbread, either naan or roti. Enjoy lentil soup with pita bread, or serve lentil dishes with your favorite grain.
The best type of lentil for substituting meat is brown lentils because they retain the most texture when cooked, unlike red lentils which are best for smooth curries. Brown lentils are excellent for recipes like vegan taco meat, lentil loaf, or lentil patties.
Lentils don’t need to be soaked prior to cooking—they will cook in about 15 minutes simmered on the stove. However, soaking your lentils for 2-3 hours prior to cooking can help ease digestion if you have a sensitive digestive system.