Vegan Protein Buddha Bowl with Soy Yogurt Dressing – a super protein-rich and tasty meal made with quinoa, broccoli, tofu and green beans. This dinner is as healthy as it gets.
Plants have a TON of protein. That’s a sentence I’ve been repeating like a parrot for a while now. Telling people I’m vegan usually gets followed up by the question “But what about protein?” or something like that. Those times I just want to physically hand them this Buddha Bowl and ask them to count the protein content.
But anyways, this bowl is a protein bomb. I wanted to max out the muscle power. Tofu, quinoa, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, peas, sesame seeds AND soy yogurt. I mean… the only reason I’m not rocking a six pack right now because I eat way too much dessert.
You can make this packed bowl relatively easy. I made the green pea quinoa, then steamed the veggies and then the soy yogurt dressing took like 30 seconds to make. I cooked the tofu while the veggies were steaming.
Vegan Protein Buddha Bowl with Soy Yogurt Dressing
It’s really not complex, but it does take a bit of time. That’s why I usually make it in advance. Also, to be fair, I would like to point out, that I did use a lot of bowls and plates while cooking. I hate washing the dishes, so this recipe gets made only every two weeks. 🙂
Usually when I eat a bowl of this goodness for lunch I don’t even eat dinner. It’s just so filling.
Other wonderful Buddha Bowls:
- 2 cup quinoa cooked
- 1/2 cup green peas cooked
- 1/2 cup broccoli
- 1/2 cup cauliflower
- 1 cup green beans steamed
- 1 cup tofu
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
Soy Yogurt Dressing
- 1 cup soy yogurt unsweetened
- 2 tbsp soy milk
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1/3 tsp pepper
- Cook the quinoa with the green peas, and steam the broccoli, cauliflower and green beans.
- While veggies are cooking, make the tofu with a smoky marinade.
- mix the ingredients well For the soy yogurt dressing,
- Place all the cooked veggies and the quinoa in a bowl, season with salt and pepper to taste then pour the dressing on top.
Try my other clean eating vegan recipes too: