The perfect Vegan Scalloped Potatoes is made with vegan sausages. You heard it here first, folks.
Anytime I get a serious craving for comfort food, it’s either a soup or scalloped potatoes. And while it’s much easier and quicker to whip up some soup, it’s soo worth the time to create this meal.
It is a creamy potato heaven that you you will dream of on cold Winter nights. And the good news is, that’s it’s super beginner-friendly and needs only a few ingredients.
You will need:
– vegan plain yogurt
-vegan sausages with strong flavor (hot dogs don’t work with this recipe)
-oil, salt and pepper.
-an oven and an oven dish.
I’m always amused when a meal this tasty comes together from so few and basic ingredients. It’s truly awesome.
So, here’s how to do this deliciousness:
Start by cutting the potatoes into thin slices. Cook them in salted water (1 tbsp salt) for about 30 minutes, then gently rinse the water.
Be careful not to break the cooked potato slices.
While the potatoes are cooking, cut the sausages into small slices as well.
To make the plain yogurt mix, simply mix the plain yogurt, oil salt and pepper in a bowl.
Prepare a clear glass oven dish.
Layer all the elements like this:
1st layer: yogurt mix
2nd layer: potatoes
3rd layer: yogurt mix
4th layer: vegan sausages
5th layer: yogurt mix
6th layer: potatoes
7th layer: yogurt mix
8th layer: vegan sausages
9th layer: potatoes
10th layer: yogurt mix
Drizzle some oil on top to make it super crispy, then place the dish in the pre-heated oven (400° Fahrenheit (200° Celsius) and bake the scalloped potatoes for 1 hour.
You they’re ready when the top layer and edges are golden brown.
When your dish is ready, take it out, let it cool for a little bit, then serve with dill pickles.
Vegan Scalloped Potatoes (with Sausages)
- 2.5 pounds white potatoes (1 kg)
- 2 cup vegan sour cream
- 4 slim vegan sausages
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- dill pickles optional, for serving
- Cut the potatoes into thin slices and cook them in salted water (1 tbsp salt) for approximately 30 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, cut the vegan sausages as well.
- Mix together the sour cream, oil, salt and pepper.
- In a clear glass oven dish, start layering the ingredients. First the sour cream mixture, then 1 layer of potatoes, sour cream, 1 layer of sausages, sour cream and so on. The last layer should be sour cream. Drizzle a bit of oil on top.
- Preheat your oven to 400° Fahrenheit (200° Celsius) and bake the scalloped potatoes for about 1 hour. (The top and edges should be golden brown.)
- When it's done baking, let it cool for a while and serve with dill pickles.
More tasty vegan dinner recipes:
Did you make this Vegan Scalloped Potatoes? Let me know in the comments!