Vegan Israeli Couscous Salad – a healthy Summer side dish, that’s fresh and tasty! You can serve it warm or cold, it will be delicious either way. Packed with juicy tomatoes, basil, cucumber and black olives, this is a perfectly light meal for hot Summer days.
Israeli couscous is one of those things that has always been on my radar but I never actually did anything with. Until my trip to the supermarket last week.
I was at the International section (as always) looking for some rare food finds, when I stumbled upon this blue packet of Israeli couscous. I grabbed it right away and decided to make something tasty with it.
I decided to go with light, Italian flavors (tomatoes, basil, olives) because it’s Summer and super-duper hot.
So, I cooked 1 cup of couscous and added the finely chopped veggies. I highly recommend using fresh basil as it gives this dish a completely different feel then if you were to use the dried version.
As it’s really unbelievably hot right now, I waited for the salad to cool down and then I gobbled it up like there’s no tomorrow! It’s so good.
The fluffy couscous, the juicy tomatoes, the crunchy cucumber, the fresh basil and the salty olives are truly the stars of this season.
Vegan Israeli Couscous Salad
More awesome Israeli Couscous recipes with:
Israeli Couscous Salad
- 1 cup dry Israeli couscous
- 15 cherry tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 small cucumber finely chopped
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves finely chopped
- 10 artichoke heart quarters
- 1/2 small purple onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives halved
- 1 thumb vegan feta cheese
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper ground
- Cook 1 cup of dry Israeli couscous in salted water.
- Add all the chopped veggies, fresh basil, olive oil, salt and pepper, then stir.
- Serve warm or cold.
More tasty vegan Summer recipes:
Did you make this Israeli Couscous Salad? Let me know in the comments!