Vegan Rice Noodle Stir Fry with Tofu and Veggies – a tasty, beginner friendly, Pad Thai-inspired meal, that is super nutritious.
🌿Save this recipe / Read it later
This meal is perfect, even if you are a beginner.
Start by “cooking” the rice noodles. Place them in a bowl and pour boiling hot water until all the noodles are covered. Put a lid on the bowl and leave it for 5-10 minutes. After 10 minutes check if the noodles are soft enough or not. If not, leave them for a bit more.
While the noodles are soaking, cut the block of tofu into tiny bits and fry them in a pan with 1 tablespoon of oil on medium heat.
I used frozen broccoli and baby corns as veggies, but you can basically use anything else, that goes with soy sauce. After the veggies were thawed, I fried them a little bit with 1 teaspoon of oil.
When the tofu and veggies are fried, add the soy sauce and rice vinegar, then stir everything for 2-3 minutes on medium heat.
At last, add the noodles and gently stir everything together.
Serve with chopped roasted peanuts, a few drops of lime juice and enjoy!
Vegan Rice Noodle Stir Fry with Tofu and Veggies
- 1 block firm tofu
- 1 packet rice noodles
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp oil
- 1-2 cup cooked veggies
- 9 tbsp soy sauce
- 1-2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1-2 tbsp peanuts chopped
- 1-2 lime wedges
- 3-4 stem chives/scallions
- Place the dry rice noodles in a bowl and pour boiling water on them. Let it sit for a few minutes until they're soft enough.
- Meanwhile, cut the tofu into tiny blocks and fry them on 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Place the veggies next to the tofu in the pan and add soy sauce and rice vinegar, stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the rice noodles and stir gently until everything is evenly coated.
- Top with chopped peanuts, lime juice and chives/scallions.
Did you make this Vegan Rice Noodle Stir Fry with Tofu and Veggies? Let me know in the comments!