These vegan Christmas Fruit Salad Cups will surely impress your guests and family members! They are cute, oh-so heavenly and take only minutes to make! (Note: I have re-shot some of the images!)
I love creating scenes and “objects” from food. One thing that I have always really wanted to do is a combination of a Christmas dessert and a festive “scene”. The result was this cute, fruit salad cup.
They couldn’t be easier to make. You need some cups, vegan coconut (or regular) whipped creme, Winter fruits, cookie cutters and mini candy canes (optional). That’s it.
(BTW, this treat is also the PERFECT Christmas breakfast.
You can make a fun DIY breakfast buffet, by just preparing all of the ingredients and letting everyone assemble their own cups.)
Now, you are ready to create these sweet desserts for your family or a small army of guests. 😉
If you have enough fruit and whipped creme, you could prepare the dessert for 50 people in less than an hour.
And you don’t even have to turn your oven on.
Now, that’s what I call a stress-free holiday!
When you have combined all of your Winter fruits, add the lemon juice.
Lemon juice not only gives extra favor to your salad, but also makes sure that your banana doesn’t turn brown. (I also “bathed” the apple stars in lemon juice for the same reason.)
Each cup consists of 4 layers:
– 1-2 tbsp whipped creme
– 1-2 tbsp fruit salad
– 1-2 tbsp whipped creme
– “festive scene” (kiwi tree, apple star, pomegranate seed presents)
If you don’t serve these desserts immediately after making them (that means 20-30 minutes), you should use a stabilizer in your whipped creme, otherwise the creme will separate.
It will be just as tasty, but not as pretty.
To make the kiwi tree, I cut a thick slice from the middle of a kiwi and used a tree shaped cookie cutter. The same thing applies to the apple star. Easy!
If you don’t have mini candy canes on hand, you can just leave it out.
For maximum taste experience, tell your guests to combine the whipped creme with the fruits completely before eating. AH-MA-ZING.
Wishing You and Your Family a Very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
Christmas Fruit Salad Cups (vegan, dairy-free)
Christmas Fruit Salad Cups
- 1 pomegranate seeds
- 5 small kiwis
- 1 big apple
- 4 tangerines
- 2 cup green grapes
- 2 cup concorde grapes
- 1 banana (optional)
- 1 juice of lemon
- 2 cup coconut whipped cream (or regular vegan whipped cream)
- mini candy canes (optional)
- Layer 3-4 tsp coconut whipped creme in the bottom of a small dessert cup.
- Mix all the fruits (except for the kiwi and apple) and put a 1-2 tbsp on top of the whipped cream.
- Top with more whipped creme.
- Cut out a pine tree shape from a thick slice of kiwi and place it on the very top.
- Cut out a star shape from a slice of apple and place it next to the kiwi tree.
- Finally, place a few pomegranate seeds in front of the tree.
- Decorate with a mini candy cane and serve immediately.
More sweet vegan Christmas treats:
- No-Bake Coconut & Rum Snowballs
- Gingerbread Candied Nuts
- Cranberry Christmas Fluff
- Eggnog Flan
- Candy Cane Brownie Bites
- Healthy Christmas Tree Cupcakes
Did you make these Christmas Fruit Salad Cups? Let me know in the comments!