These vegan and plant-based Apple and Oat Pancakes are the perfect healthy and filling breakfast. If you trying to lose weight or just want to eat something de-li-ci-ous, you need this recipe in your life.
I’ve been a fan of oat-banana pancakes for a while, but recently I’ve found myself being bored with it.
Also, bananas do contain a bit more sugar and less nutrition than other fruits, so I decided to look into other options to make my breakfast pancakes with.
Turns out, that apples are even better! They have less carbs and generally cheaper, than bananas. Just make sure to choose a sweet variety (I used Red Delicious).
Now, to make this pancakes, you will need the following ingredients:
- oats or oat flour (I always use oat flour for pancakes to make the texture smoother)
- 6 oz sweet apple (or 170 g) – peeled and chopped
- water (any sort of liquid is fine, but water is the healthiest and the cheapest 😉 )
- baking powder
- maple syrup, vanilla extract, spices
When you have measured out all the ingredients, put everything in a blender and blend for around 15 seconds. Don’t over blend!
Now let the batter sit for around 15 minutes. (This part is important to make your pancakes fluffy!)
After 15 minutes you can start making the pancakes. You can use a non-stick pan in which case you won’t need oil, or if you don’t have a non-stick pan, just heat 1 tsp oil on medium heat in a pancake pan.
Cook the pancakes on each side until they are golden brown, then let them cool a bit before eating.
And now that your pancakes have been cooked, comes the best part. The toppings! I highly recommend cutting up an apple and eating your pancakes with it. The fresh, juicy apple chunks go SO nice with the fluffy pancakes.
Here are my favorite toppings:
- for weight loss: 2 tsp of maple syrup or 1 tbsp nut butter
- for maximum enjoyment: lots of maple syrup and even more salted caramel, haha (I used Nature’s Charm Coconut Salted Caramel Sauce. – not sponsored, btw. I just really like it.)
- for maximum healthy enjoyment: my clean-eating salted caramel (made from dates).
That’s it! Dig in!
Vegan Apple and Oat Pancakes
- 1 cup oat flour
- 6 oz apple (170 g)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 tsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1/3 tsp spices (optional)
- Put all the ingredients in a blender.
- Blend for no more, than 15 seconds.
- Let the pancake batter rest for 15 minutes.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil on low heat in a medium pan. (Or use a non-stick pan.)
- Cook the pancakes on each side until golden brown.
- Let the pancakes cool completely, then top with apples, maple syrup, salted caramel sauce or peanut butter.
More healthy vegan breakfast recipes you’ll love:
Did you make these vegan apple and oat pancakes? Let me know in the comments!