This Breaded Tofu with Parsley Potatoes is a tasty and easy vegan dinner recipe that your whole family will LOVE! Picky eater approved!
This dinner recipe is the perfect combination of textures. It has crispy tofu and soft potatoes, creating a delicious harmony.
You won’t need a lot of ingredients, and it’s perfect to make on weeknights for your family (vegan kids will LOVE it! ;-)).
Ingredients you’ll need:
- baby potatoes
- white flour
- panko breadcrumbs
- plant milk
- sunflower oil
- salt, pepper, optional spices
- optional dipping sauce and dill pickles
How to make this recipe:
Start by peeling cutting up your baby potatoes into small chunks and cook them in salted water. (Add about 1.5 tablespoon salt to the cooking water.)
Cook the potatoes for about 30-40 minutes, until they are ready.
Meanwhile you can make the tofu slices.
Start by preparing 3 small bowls.
1st bowl: 1/2 cup flour 2nd bowl: flour+plant milk mixture, 3rd powl: 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
The second bowl should have a mixture of the following: 5 tbsp white flour, 1/2 cup oat or soy milk, 2 tsp salt, pepper and other spices of your choice!
Cut up the tofu into even slices and season them to taste with paprika powder…etc. (be careful with the salt as the flour+milk mixture is already salty!).
Heat enough oil in a frying pan and start the breading process.
First, dip the seasoned tofu slices into the flour, then into the the milk+flour mix, then roll them around in breadcrumbs. (Make sure they are evenly coated at every step.)
Add them immediately to the hot oil and fry them until golden brown and crispy. (Make sure the oil is hot before adding the tofu! I usually check by putting some breadcrumbs in it.)
When the potatoes are done cooking, strain the water, then taste if they are salty enough (they should be, since you added salt to the cooking water!).
Chop the parsley and add it to the potatoes.
You are done!
I also like to serve this meal with dipping sauce (like vegan mayonnaise, ketchup or ranch dressing) and dill pickles or other veggies.
Breaded Tofu with Parsley Potatoes
- 1.5 lb baby potatoes (~650g)
- 1.5 tbsp salt
- 1 bunch fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 block firm tofu (~12 oz, 320g)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup plant milk
- 5 tbsp flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 black pepper (ground)
- 1 optional spices (paprika powder, etc.)
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs (~2.4 oz, 70g)
- oil (for frying)
- Peel and cut up the baby potatoes. Cook them in salted water (add ~1.5 tbsp salt). While the potatoes are cooking you can make the tofu.
- Prepare 3 small bowls. In the 1st, put the 1/2 cup flour. In the 2nd, put the 1/2 cup plant milk+5 tbsp flour+2 tsp salt+additional spices (to taste). Mix well. In the 3rd bowl, add the breadcrumbs.
- Cut up the tofu into even slices and season them to taste but be careful not to add too much salt.
- Dip the seasoned tofu slices into the flour (coating all sides), then into the milk+flour mixture, then into the breadcrumbs.
- Heat a generous amount of sunflower oil in a frying pan and fry the tofu slices until golden brown and crispy.
- When the potatoes are done cooking, drain the water and add the finely chopped parsley. Mix well.
- Serve the tofu and potatoes with dill pickles and your favorite dipping sauce.
More tasty vegan dinner recipes you’ll love:
Did you make this Breaded Tofu with Parsley Potatoes? Let me know in the comments!